latest blogsOur Blog
How to Effectively Clean Different Windows of the House
Although glass has many advantages, such as being a good enclosure material and increasing the brightness of a home, cleaning it can be a real pain due to the fact that any filth is immediately evident due to the transparency of the glass. The following strategies, tricks, and suggestions will help us in window cleaning at home and ensure that they are impeccably clean.
Effective Ways to Window Cleaning
In the home, glasses are considered to be one of the most fundamental materials. So, irresistible stains are found in all types of windows and doors, and bathroom screens, among other places. So, there are a number of ways to clean windows and get the most out of our cleaning efforts:
- Maintenance is required for the windows: Although it is not necessary to do so on a regular basis, once the windows and glass have been fully cleaned, we should check them on a regular basis to prevent dirt from accumulating and to make the chore of cleaning them in detail more tolerable.
- It is convenient to clean other aspects when cleaning the windows in order to maximise the efficiency of the labour and effort. When cleaning windows and glass, it is best to clean the frames and supports as well, in order to create a uniform cleaning of all of the elements of a window.
- Avoid cleaning the windows when the sun is shining on them: the best time to window cleaning is in the early morning or at night, when the sun has set. If we, do it in the direct sunlight, the heat will cause the glasses to dry too quickly, and there may be stains as a result of the lack of drying time, which means they will have to be checked again after they have dried.
- The most pleasant and appreciative method of cleaning windows is to remove them from their frames so that they can be readily cleaned on the inside and outside.
- Shower screens should be dried with a clean and dry cloth after each use, as this will prevent a build-up of dirt on the glass surface of the shower screen.
- The most effective window cleaning products are those created at home with vinegar, ammonia, and lemon. We can also use a glass cleaner and, if necessary, an anti-scale cleaner on the bathroom screens to keep them clean.
How to clean glass in the kitchen?
The kitchen windows will always be the most difficult to clean because they will acquire a lot of grease from the food that has been prepared. So, they will be considerably dirtier than the windows in the other rooms of the house. This means that cleaning the kitchen windows will take extra time and effort as a result of the above.
We will start at the top with a basin filled with very hot water and a strong jet of ammonia and will wipe it down with a well-drained cloth. To avoid scratching them, you must clean them with a soft cloth or a sponge. After that, we’ll rinse with hot water to get rid of any remaining residue. We must change the water and ammonia frequently in order to clean the windows, which are particularly dirty in the kitchen.
Once the glasses have been cleaned and allowed to dry, they can be polished with a glass cleaner applied to a clean and soft cloth to bring out their lustre. It is not recommended to apply the glass cleaner directly to the glass since drips of the substance may linger on the surface. We’ll also use very hot water and ammonia to clean the window frames as part of the cleaning process.
How to clean other windows?
We can use the same procedure to clean the glass for the rest of the windows in the home, with the exception that the glass will not acquire as much grease and grime on this occasion, and it may be sufficient to wipe the glass with a single pass on both sides of the glass.
The most logical thing to do while cleaning the glass of windows that face patios of a specific height is to detach the windows from their frames. We will clean the windows with water and ammonia a second time if the outside of the windows is dirtier than the inside, which is common. After that, we’ll let them dry completely before wiping them down with a clean towel and applying the glass cleaner to them. We will take use of this chance to thoroughly clean the window frames, supports, and cranks before reinstalling the window panes.
Then, it’s time to clean the large windows. To clean large windows, such as those that open onto terraces or sliding doors that open onto balconies, it is preferable to clean the inside and outside of the house separately. This is done so that you do not have to run the windows while also performing the cleaning procedure.
How to Clean Bathroom Screens Effectively?
Bath screens are notoriously difficult to keep clean. As a result, cleaning the glass of these screens is a time-consuming and expensive endeavour that requires a great deal of effort. Soap, filth, and splashes build up on shower screens, despite the fact that many of the screens currently in production are built such that the steam from the showers leaves no trace and that they are easier to clean than other types of screens.
There are numerous products available to clean the glass of screens; however, a good home remedy for removing soap residue, limescale, and other types of dirt from the screen is to prepare a mixture using products that we always have on hand, such as lemon and vinegar for cleaning, and spreading it with an anti-scratch scouring pad. These two items, when used together, have a tremendous amount of strength to break down limescale. In addition, they thoroughly clean, deodorise, and disinfect.